Tin Ore Processing
Tin(Cassiterite) ore processing refers to the process of extracting tin from ore. Gravity separation, magnetic separation and flotation are mainly used to grade tin concentrate and remove other impurities.
In order to achieve high efficient, low-cost beneficiation flow, JXSC will custom process and equipment according to ore characteristics.
Tin ore beneficiation process
Tin(Cassiterite) ore density is larger than the paragenetic mineral, so the tin(cassiterite) ore processing mainly applies gravity separation. Usually, tin minerals also contain various iron oxide ores, such as magnetite and hematite, which are separated by magnetic separation or flotation.
1. Crushing and grinding: The original tin ore is crushed and ground to refine it into an appropriate particle size for subsequent sorting operations. Equipment such as jaw crushers and ball mills are usually used.
2. Beneficiation: Through the sorting operation, the tin ore after crushing and grinding is separated into ores of different grades and qualities. The commonly used sorting methods include re-election, flotation and magnetic separation.
- Gravity separation: use the density difference of different minerals in the ore to separate the ore by gravity.
- Flotation: Using the difference in hydrophilicity and hydrophobicity between ore and water, ore is separated by bubble adsorption and buoyancy.
- Magnetic separation: For tin ores containing magnetic minerals, using the sensitivity of certain minerals in ore to magnetism, magnetic minerals are separated from non-magnetic minerals through the action of a magnetic field.
- Electric separation: For tin ores containing minerals with different electrical properties, further separation of tin minerals can be achieved by adjusting the electric field strength, current density and processing time.
3. Concentration and dehydration: Concentration is carried out by thickening equipment to increase the solid content of the pulp, which is convenient for subsequent processing and transportation. It is then dehydrated to remove excess water. Commonly used dehydration equipment includes filters, filter presses, etc.
Tin ore processing plant
The tin ore mining and processing plant can be main completed by crushing, screening, washing, gravity separation and magnetic separation. The mining process of tin ore and full set of equipment need to be determined according to the nature and characteristics of the ore. Choose us to be able to purchase high-quality tin ore mining equipment, we have professional engineers, and sustom the process of tin ore beneficiation.
1. Alluvial Tin Ore Mining plant
This system is a fully set 120tph alluvial tin ore mining plant:
- Vibrating feeder
- Trommel screen
- Belt conveyor
- Jig separator
- Shaking table
- Three discs magnetic separator
Raw ore conditions in this tin project are as follows:
- Raw ore doesn’t contain sticky clay, just alluvial loose soil
- Tin concentrate size in alluvial ore is 0-5mm
- Maximum feeding size of raw ore is 150mm
- Feeding capacity is 120 tons per hour
1. Use a high-pressure water gun to break up the raw materials on the vibrating feeder. The material is fed into the hopper through the vibrating feeder and then evenly fed into the drum screen. The vibrating feeder here has a grate with a gap of 80mm. Then more than 80mm materials will be removed and transported to the waste stack.
2. The trommel screen has two layers of screens, the inner screen is a 30mm bar steel screen, and the outer screen is a manganese steel wire mesh with an aperture of 5mm. Therefore, all materials larger than 5mm are screened out and transported to the waste pile. Materials smaller than 5mm are pumped to the distributor with sand.
3. In the distributor, less than 5mm materials enter six 4m2 jig concentrators for sorting. Its processing capacity is 15-20TPH, the primary separation of tin concentrate.
4. The tin concentrate comes from six 4m2 jigs and enters three 2m2 jigs by gravity. With a processing capacity of 5-10TPH, they are selected tin concentrates.
5. The tin concentrates from the three 2m2 jigs enter the six shakers by gravity. The role of the 6 shaking tables is to refine the tin concentrate further and improve the grade of the finished product.
6. The shaking table produces three outputs: tin concentrate, middle ore and tailings. The middlings may also contain some tin. To improve the recovery rate of tin, the middlings of the six sets of shakers are all sent to three shakers (the second stage) for reprocessing.
7. All the tin concentrates from the shaking table are finished products, and their tailings enter the tailing pond.
8. After the tin concentrate is naturally dried, it is sent to a three-disc magnetic separator for dry separation to remove tin, iron, coltan and other weak magnetic minerals.
2. Hard Rock tin ore processing plant
1. Crushing: The material less than 15mm enters the hopper with a grizzly screen, then is fed by the trough feeder, and is transported to the jaw crusher and roller crusher through the belt conveyor, and is crushed twice to reach the ideal size.
2. Screening: Qualified materials are screened by vibrating screen, materials less than 5mm enter the jig machine for sorting, and materials with +5mm are conveyed by belt conveyor and returned to the rollers for fine crushing.
3. Gravity separation: The material under the jig separator screen by the slurry pump to the dewatering screen, discards the tailings, recycles the water, and transports it to the shaker table. The -2mm concentrate on the screen is directly transported to the distribution tank by the slurry pump and then enters the shaking table for separation to obtain concentrate.
Contact Us Now
Please fill out the information below for the quotation price and engineer’s help. We will reply asap!
- We do not provide jobs and no interest in investment or partnerships.
- We provide equipment and mineral processing solutions; don’t buy and sell mineral /ore /materials.
- We value your privacy and keep your information safe.