The main component of fluorite (fluorspar) is CaF2, which is often used as a source of fluorine in industry. Fluorite ore can be sorted using gravity separation and flotation.
The type of fluorite ore, the embedded particle size, and the ore properties are different. We will customize the fluorspar beneficiation plant design and equipment according to the situation and ore properties.
fluorite ore beneficiation
1.Gravity separation method is mainly used to extract coarse-grained massive metallurgical grade fluorite ore; gravity beneficiation of fluorite ore is mainly completed by jig concentrator, which has large selected particle size and wide selected particle size range. The material sorting effect is remarkable.
2. Flotation separation is mainly used to produce high-quality fluorite concentrate.
The main problem of fluorite flotation is the separation of gangue minerals such as quartz, calcite and granite. According to the different gangue minerals, fluorite ore can be divided into the following four types:
- Quartz-fluorite type ore: mainly composed of fluorite (about 80%-90%) and quartz, with only a small amount of calcite, barite and sulfide. The key to the selection is mainly to reduce silicon in concentrates. To separate quartz from fluorite, it is necessary to dissociate the quartz and fluorite monomers by grinding.–(Rw ore crushing-grinding-roughing-rough concentrate regrinding-multiple separation);
- Calcite-fluorite type ore: The main minerals are fluorite and calcite (the content is as high as 30%), some of which contain a small amount of quartz, and sometimes quartz-calcite-fluorite type ore can be formed, which is a refractory ore.–(Raw ore crushing – grading – jigging – grinding – roughing – multiple selection);
- Sulfide fluorite type ore: mainly flotation method, adding a small amount of sulfide ore inhibitor (such as cyanide) to suppress residual sulfide to ensure the quality of fluorite concentrate, fluorite is the tailings of flotation Treated separately as fluorite ore. (Prepare high-quality fluorite products while comprehensively recycling valuable metals. raw ore crushing – grinding – preferential flotation of sulfide minerals – tailings flotation of fluorite – fluorite rough concentrate has been selected many times.)
- Barite-type fluorite ore: The main minerals are barite and fluorite, and the barite content is generally 10%-40%, often accompanied by pyrite, galena, sphalerite and other sulfide minerals.
The separation of fluorite flotation and gravity separation processes is finally determined by comprehensively considering factors such as the actual situation of the dressing plant, investment budget and other factors.
fluorite Processing plant
15TPH Fluorite Flotation Plant In Pakistan:
Jaw crusher— Vibrating screen— Electromagnetic vibrating feeder— Ball mill— Spiral classifier— Conditioning tank— Flotation machine— Thickener— Slurry pump— Vacuum disk filter
1. Crushing and screening: Due to the different nature of fluorite mines in different regions, some processing plants use a three-stage one-closed crushing process, and some processing plants use a three-stage open-circuit crushing process.
2. Grinding: The two-stage grinding process is usually used in the grinding stage of fluorite mines. The ball mill + spiral classifier are combined to form a closed-circuit ring mill, which can be ground to the required particle size.
3. Flotation separation: Fine-grained minerals are separated and enter the mixing tank to be mixed with flotation agents, and then enter the flotation machine for separation.
4. Dewatering: The material enters the thickener to concentrate and recycle clarified water. Then the concentrate is sent to the vacuum disc filter with a slurry pump, and the concentrate is dehydrated into a filter cake.
With this complete fluorite flotation process and equipment, finished product contains less impurities and obtains high-quality fluorite concentrate. The craftsmanship is smooth, the steps are compact, and after many trials and practices, it is scientific and reasonable. Due to the different properties of fluorite ore for different users, JXSC can also customize various types of fluorite ore process flow for different needs.
Contact Us Now
Please fill out the contact form below to get the quotation price and engineer help.
We will response your request within 24 hours.
- We do not provide jobs, nor do we interested in investment or partnerships.
- We provide equipment and mineral processing solution, we don’t buy and sell mineral ores.
- We value your privacy and keep your information safe.