The main component of fluorite (fluorspar) is CaF2, fluorite ore process mainly includes gravity separation and flotation.
The type of fluorite ore, the embedded particle size, and the ore properties are different. We support customizing the fluorite processing plant and equipment according to the situation and ore properties.
fluorite ore beneficiation
1. Gravity separation method is mainly used to extract coarse-grained massive metallurgical grade fluorite ore; gravity beneficiation of fluorite ore is mainly completed by jig concentrator and the material separation effect is remarkable.
2. Flotation separation is mainly used to produce high-quality fluorite concentrate. The main problem of fluorite flotation is the separation of gangue minerals such as quartz, calcite and granite. According to the different gangue minerals, fluorite ore beneficiation can be divided into the following four types:
- Quartz-fluorite type ore: mainly composed of fluorite (about 80%-90%) and quartz, with only a small amount of calcite, barite and sulfide. The key to the selection is mainly to reduce silicon in concentrates.—(Main process: crushing-grinding-roughing-rough concentrate regrinding-multiple separation);
- Calcite-fluorite type ore: The main minerals are fluorite and calcite (the content is as high as 30%), some of which contain a small amount of quartz, and sometimes quartz-calcite-fluorite type ore can be formed, which is a refractory ore.—(Mian process: crushing – grading – jigging – grinding – roughing – multiple flotation);
- Sulfide fluorite type ore: mainly flotation method, adding a small amount of sulfide ore inhibitor (such as cyanide) to suppress residual sulfide to ensure the quality of fluorite concentrate. Prepare high-quality fluorite products while comprehensively recycling valuable metals. —(Mian process: crushing – grinding – preferential flotation of sulfide minerals – tailings flotation of fluorite – rough concentrate multiple separations);
- Barite-type fluorite ore: The mineral surface and chemical properties of barite and fluorite in the ore are similar, and the flotation process is often used.
fluorite Processing plant
This is a complete 15TPH fluorite flotation plant designed for a Pakistani customer. The main equipment and process details are as follows:
Jaw crusher— Vibrating screen— Electromagnetic vibrating feeder— Ball mill— Spiral classifier— Conditioning tank— Flotation machine— Thickener— Slurry pump— Vacuum disk filter
1. Crushing and screening: Due to the different nature of fluorite mines in different regions, some processing plants use a three-stage one-closed crushing process, and some processing plants use a three-stage open-circuit crushing process.
2. Grinding: The two-stage grinding process is usually used in the grinding stage of fluorite mines. The ball mill + spiral classifier are combined to form a closed-circuit ring mill, which can be ground to the required particle size.
3. Flotation separation: Fine-grained minerals are separated and enter the mixing tank to be mixed with flotation agents, and then enter the flotation machine for separation.
4. Dewatering: The material enters the thickener to concentrate and recycle clarified water. Then the concentrate is sent to the vacuum disc filter with a slurry pump, and the concentrate is dehydrated into a filter cake.
With this complete fluorite flotation plant and equipment, obtains high-quality concentrate finished product. Due to the different properties of ore, JXSC supports customizing various types of fluorite process plants for different needs.
Contact Us Now
Please fill out the information below for the quotation price and engineer’s help. We will reply asap!
- We do not provide jobs and have no interest in investment or partnerships.
- We provide equipment and mineral processing solutions; not buy and sell mineral /ore /materials.
- We value your privacy and keep your information safe.