Placer Gold Mining
Placer gold, also known as alluvial gold, is a kind of gold that is produced at the bottom of rivers or low-lying areas, mixed with stone sand and can be washed out.
Application: The placer gold mining process is mainly used in seaside placer, riverside placer or alluvial gold processing plants.
Placer gold mining process
The placer/alluvial gold mining process is designed to maximize the recovery of gold and associated heavy minerals from gangue. Then, gold is separated from associated heavy minerals through a combined mining scheme of gravity, flotation, magnetic and electrostatic separation.
- Ore washing operation: The important process before the placer gold separating operation. Its main purpose is to separate the gravel, sand and granular soil, and wash the fine mud adhering to the gravel and the gold ore mixed in it.
- Screening operation: Main purpose is to screen the placer gold ore after washing, and to screen out large pieces of gravel without gold, so as to improve the gold recovery efficiency.
- Gravity separation process: Since gold is in a free state in placer gold, and the specific gravity difference between gold and sand is obvious, the gold gravity separation method is ideal for extracting gold from placer ore.
- Concentrate operation: When gold contains various metal minerals or impurities, gravity separation, magnetic separation, flotation, electric separation or combined processes can be used to separate each other to further improve the grade of gold.
Placer Gold Processing plant
Raw ore information: The raw material is 0-150mm alluvial gold ore with much clay, the gold nugget size is around 0-10mm, and it with some magnetic ores.
1. Feeding stage: The truck unloads the material into the hopper, and enters the vibrating feeder from the lower part of the hopper; the +100mm waste materials will be separated by the vibrating feeder grate, and transferred to the stockyard by the belt conveyor.
2. Washing stage: The vibrating feeder evenly feeds the -100mm material into the trommel scrubber for washing. Among them, the trommel scrubber has two layers of screens with meshes of 2mm and 10mm.
3. Magnetic separation: After washing, the 0-2mm material flows into the drum magnetic separator to remove the magnetic ore, and then is stored in the slurry pool.
4. Gravity Separation: The 2-10mm material will flow to the gold sluice box, so the 2-10mm gold particles can be captured. And the +10mm material will be sent to the waste pile. The pool’s 0-2mm material will be pumped from the slurry to the centrifuge concentrator. Among them, the tailings of the centrifuge concentrator flow to the gold sluice box for concentration. Finally, the gold concentrate flows into a shaking table for further concentration. All gold concentrates can be smelted in a melting furnace to obtain gold nuggets.
The process has the characteristics of environmental protection and can directly discharge tailings, which greatly reduces the construction cost of the entire processing plant. We also provide fixed and mobile gold wash plant, suitable for small/ medium-scale gold processing plants, low cost and high recovery efficiency.
Contact Us Now
Please fill out the information below for the quotation price and engineer’s help. We will reply asap!
- We do not provide jobs and no interest in investment or partnerships.
- We provide equipment and mineral processing solutions; don’t buy and sell mineral /ore /materials.
- We value your privacy and keep your information safe.