iron ore beneficiation
Industrially valuable iron minerals are magnetite, hematite, limonite and siderite. Iron ore beneficiation mainly includes crushing, grinding, gravity separation, flotation and magnetic separation.
Magnetic separation is one of the main methods for iron ore separation. Combining the characteristics of different iron ores, we will provide customized iron ore processing plants and equipment.
Iron ore beneficiation Process
Iron ore beneficiation is mainly a process of separating valuable minerals and iron minerals from ores to extract high-quality iron ore. The iron ore process mainly includes crushing, grinding, washing, beneficiation, dewatering, etc.
- Magnetite Beneficiation: The main iron mineral contained in magnetite is iron tetroxide (Fe3O4). And iron in the form of magnetite accounts for more than 85% of iron ore. Its outstanding feature is strong magnetism, so weak magnetic beneficiation is its main method.
- Ilmenite Beneficiation: A weakly magnetic black or steel-grey mineral. The common ilmenite beneficiation process is “gravity separation – strong magnetic separation – flotation” and “gravity separation – strong magnetic separation – electric separation (sulfur removal before separation)”.
- Limonite Beneficiation: A typical refractory iron ore with easy sludge. It’s plants usually use washing-gravity separation process, first using trough washing machine and other equipment to wash the ore, and then using heavy media and jig and other gravity separation equipment for sorting.
- Siderite Beneficiation: A common carbonate mineral with low iron grades. The commonly used methods for siderite beneficiation are gravity separation and strong magnetic separation.
- Hematite beneficiation: a weakly magnetic mineral. After crushing, grinding, washing and other pre-separation, magnetic separation is the most common; it is usually combined with flotation and gravity separation.
The specific iron ore beneficiation processes vary depending on the properties of iron ore. Contact us to customize the flow.
Iron Ore Processing Plant
1. The hopper + vibrating feeder (with grate) automatically feeds the material into the jaw crusher, and screens the 0-50mm material to the spiral washing machine.
2. The jaw crusher crushes 50-230mm iron ore into the fine jaw crusher. Spiral washing machine is suitable for cleaning 0-50mm materials.
3. The fine jaw crusher crushes the material to 0-20mm. The vibrating screen sends the 0-20mm material into the ball mill, and the +20mm material returns to the fine jaw crusher. Among them, the hopper + feeder is to feed the ball mill more smoothly and evenly. The ball mill and spiral classifier are combined to grind the iron ore to ensure the final product is 0.074mm.
4. Magnetic separator separates iron ore concentrate and improves ore grade.
The capacity of these factories can be customized according to requirements, such as 10TPH, 50TPH, 100 TPH, etc.
Note: If the material is not very viscous, the spiral washing machine is not needed; the equipment is for reference only, don’t hesitate to contact us to customize it for you.
1. The dump truck feeds the raw ore into the hopper and the vibrating feeder. The vibrating feeder feeds evenly to the jaw crusher, which crushes large rocks to less than 200mm.
2. The jaw crusher output is sent to the transfer bin through the belt conveyor, and an electromagnetic vibrating feeder is installed below it. Convey the material less than 200mm to the first coarse cone crusher, and crush it to less than 100mm.
3. The cone crusher output is sent to the first and second vibrating screens through the belt conveyor. Among them, the materials exceeding 20mm are sieved and returned to the other two fine cone crushers for re-crushing through the belt conveyor. Materials smaller than 5mm are sent to the first and second magnetic separators.
4. The 5-20mm material under the first and second vibrating screens is sent to 4 double-roll crushers through the belt conveyor and crushed to 0-5mm. The output from the twin roll crusher is sent to the third and fourth vibrating screens. Materials over 5mm are sieved and returned to the double-roll crusher for further processing. Those under the sieve under 5mm material are sent to the first and second magnetic separators.
5. The output from the first and second magnetic separators will be sent to the third magnetic separator to separate the iron ore again. Finally, the iron ore concentrate and tailings are sent to the stockpile by belt conveyor.
Contact Us Now
Please fill out the information below for the quotation price and engineer’s help. We will reply ASAP!
- We do not provide jobs and have no interest in investment or partnerships.
- We provide mineral processing equipment and solutions; not buy and sell mineral /ore /materials.
- We value your privacy and keep your information safe.