Lead Zinc Processing
Lead-zinc ore divides into sulfide lead zinc ore and oxide ore, lead-zinc mining process common are heavy-floating, magnetic-floating, heavy-magnetic-floating and so on.
Lead zinc flotation process is the most widely used in separating sulfide ore , to separate zinc and plumbum, and sometimes for separating sulfide iron and other minerals.
lead zinc Ore Processing
Generally, lead zinc flotation processing plant main process divided into three stages: crushing and screening – grinding – flotation separation- concentate and dewatering.
1.Crushing & Screening: The crushing operation mostly adopts a two-stage closed-circuit crushing and screening process. The raw ore is sent to the jaw crusher through the feeder for coarse crushing, the coarsely crushed material is fed into the vibrating screen through the belt conveyor for screening, and the ore particles with qualified size enter the grinding stage. The unqualified materials are conveyed into the crusher by another belt conveyor for the second crushing.
2. Grinding: Because of economic considerations, small beneficiation plants often adopt a simple grinding process to facilitate operation and management. In order to obtain better economic and technical effects, large-scale beneficiation plants usually conduct multiple scheme comparisons to determine the grinding process.
3. Flotation separation:
- Mixed flotation separation
Process advantages: The lead zinc flotation process performs two mixed flotation of lead and zinc under weak alkaline conditions, and separates lead and zinc under weak acid conditions. The process of mixing lead and zinc twice can discard the tailings at one time and reduce metal loss. In the lead-zinc processing plant, the destination of the coarse concentrate and the location of the separation ore return can be flexibly configured to adapt to changes in the grade of the original ore.
- Floatable for lead and zinc, mixed floatation separation of sulfide lead zinc ore
Process advantages: Floatable lead and zinc eliminate the forced suppression of easily floatable minerals by priority flotation, and also avoid the forced activation of difficult floated zinc minerals by mixed flotation, thereby reducing the consumption of reagents and the subsequent separation of residual reagents Impact. In the lead-zinc processing plant, the commonly used equipment is a mechanically agitated flotation machine.
4. Concentrate and dewatering: The lead-zinc concentrate after flotation contains a certain amount of water, which needs to be concentrated and precipitated in the thickener. The discharged ore sludge is pumped to the filter press through the slurry slurry, and the solid and liquid are separated through the filter medium, and finally the concentrate is obtained.
lead zinc processing Plant
10TPH lead zinc flotation process plant, the main equipment including:
- Jaw crusher
- Ball mill
- Spiral classifier
- Mixing tank
- Flotation machine
- Filter machine
1. Excavator or loader send raw ore into raw ore bin, through chute feeder to feed jaw crusher. The jaw crusher is primarily crushing big rocks to 40-100mm medium size.
2. Output of primary jaw crusher through belt conveyor go to fine jaw crusher for further crushing to 20-60mm small size. Here secondary jaw crusher is fine crushing 40-100mm rock to 20-60mm
3. Output of fine jaw crusher through belt conveyor goes to vibrating screen for sieving above 20mm and below 20mm. Here the vibrating screen is with 1 deck sieve 20mm hole size.
4. Above 20mm from over screen are back to fine jaw crusher for reprocessing via belt conveyor.
5. Below 20mm from under-screen through belt conveyor go to fine ore silo, through the electromagnetic vibrating feeder to feed ball mill. Here ball mill can grind 0-20mm ore to powder size 0-1mm
6. Output of ball mill flow to spiral classifier form a closed grinding system so that above 90% output is 200mesh which meet with flotation condition. Underflow of spiral classifier goes to one slurry tank, then use a slurry pump to send it to 1st mixing tank, then to 1st flotation machine for separating out the lead.
7. The concentrate of 1st flotation machine goes to one slurry tank, use a slurry pump to send it to 1st thickener, underflow of thickener through the slurry pump goes to 1st disc vacuum filtering machine for dehydration, the final product is lead concentrate.
8. The tailing of the 1st flotation machine goes to one slurry tank, use a slurry pump to send it to 2nd mixing tank, then to 2nd flotation machine for separating out zinc.
9. The concentrate of the 2nd flotation machine goes to one tank, use a slurry pump to send it to the 2nd thickener, underflow of thickener through slurry pump go to 2nd disc vacuum filtering machine for dehydration, the final product is zinc concentrate.
10. The tailing of the 2nd flotation machine goes to one tank, and using a slurry pump sends it to 3rd flotation machine for separating out barite.
11. The concentrate of the 3rd flotation machine to one tank, use a slurry pump to send it to the 3rd thickener, underflow of thickener through slurry pump go to 3rd disc vacuum filtering machine for dehydration, the final product is barite concentrate.
lead zinc Mining Equipment
Contact Us Now
Please fill out the contact form below to get the quotation price and engineer help.
We will response your request within 24 hours.
- We do not provide jobs, nor do we interested in investment or partnerships.
- We provide equipment and mineral processing solution, we don’t buy and sell mineral ores.
- We value your privacy and keep your information safe.