lithium processing plant
According to the properties of lithium ore, select a more suitable gravity separation, flotation, magnetic separation or combined process.
An efficient lithium ore processing plant mainly includes crushing, grinding lines, and beneficiation stages.
Lithium beneficiation process
Different lithium ores have different properties, and the lithium content and mineral composition in minerals are different, so lithium ore beneficiation methods are also different.
The lithium beneficiation process is mainly used for three lithium-containing minerals processing: spodumene, lithium feldspar, lepidolite.
According to the nature of minerals, choosing a reasonable lithium processing plant can obtain the best sorting index and the lowest production cost.
Lithium ore beneficiation is mainly based on flotation process. It is also often combined with gravity separation, magnetic separation and other combined processes.
- Gravity separation: 1. When the density difference between spodumene and gangue ore is more than 0.2-0.5g/cm3, the gravity separation method is used, especially the spodumene with coarse particle size. Commonly used shaking tables, jigs and other equipment. 2. When the density difference is less than 0.2~0.5g/cm, the ore is mixed with dense medium (suspension made by mixing ferrosilicon powder and water), and enters the dense medium cyclone for separation and separation.
- Flotation separation: The main minerals containing lithium can be sorted by flotation method. Especially for lithium ore that exists in the form of fine particles disseminated, the recovery rate is high and the process is simple.
- Magnetic Separation: An auxiliary method used to remove iron impurities from concentrates. Since iron lepidolite and spodumene containing iron have weak magnetic properties, they can be sorted by strong magnetic methods to improve the product quality of spodumene.
- Flotation-Magnetic Separation Combined Beneficiation: When the flotation-magnetic separation combined process is applied to the lithium concentrate obtained after the flotation method contains more iron, it is to obtain low-iron spodumene.
- Gravity-flotation-magnetic separation combined beneficiation: For lithium ore containing tantalum and niobium minerals, the combined process of gravity separation + flotation is generally used for processing. The lithium ore after gravity separation can enter the flotation stage after desliming treatment. The lithium concentrate after flotation is sent to the magnetic separator to remove iron. Improve the quality of lithium concentrate, and finally get high-grade concentrate.
lithium processing plant
1. Lepidolite flotation plant
- The hopper+vibration feeder is for feeding the stones to the jaw crusher automatically.
- the jaw crusher is for crushing the big stones to small, then to the fine jaw crusher.
- The fine jaw crusher is for crushing the output from the jaw crusher, to make the stones into fine sands.
- the vibration screen is for sieving larger than 20mm back to the fine jaw crusher, and 0-20mm to the storage bin.
- the storage bin+electromagnetic feeder is for feeding the materials to the ball mill automatically.
- the ball mill is for grinding the fine sands to 0-1mm, combined with the spiral classifier to make sure the size of the final product to 0-0.074mm.
- the slurry pump No.1 is for transporting the overflow from the spiral classifier to the flotation machine.
- the flotation machine is for getting the lepidolite concentrate with chemicals.
- the lepidolite concentrate of the flotation machine will to the thickener and then to the disc vacuum filter machine to get dry final products.
- The capacity for this crushing plant can be customized as per request such as 10tph, 50tph, 100tph, etc.
- Notes： the layout of the machines just for your reference, will need to revise based on the mine condition.
2. Spodumene processing plant
- Crushing & screening: In the crushing and screening stage of lithium ore, a three-stage and one closed-circuit crushing and screening process, or a two-stage and one closed-circuit crushing and screening process can be adopted. Specifically, it is necessary to refer to the particle size of the raw ore and equip a reasonable lithium ore crushing process.
- Grinding & Classifying: In order to ensure that lithium minerals are fully dissociated from gangue mineral monomers, a closed-circuit grinding and classifying process can be adopted, using ball mill + classifying machine. According to the ore properties of different lithium ores, some lithium ores may need to be deslimed after the grinding stage.
- Benefciation stage: Lithium ore usually has many different associated minerals. It is mainly based on flotation, often combined with gravity separation, magnetic separation and other combined processes for lithium benefciation.
- Concentrate dewatering: In order to obtain high-quality lithium concentrate, the lithium concentrate product is concentrated and dewatering.
Contact Us Now
Please fill out the contact form below to get the quotation price and engineer help.
We will response your request within 24 hours.
- We do not provide jobs, nor do we interested in investment or partnerships.
- We provide equipment and mineral processing solution, we don’t buy and sell mineral ores.
- We value your privacy and keep your information safe.