Mineral Jig Concentrator
Feeding size: 2-18mm
Application: alluvial gold, diamond, coltan, tin, tungsten, titanium, manganese, coal, iron ore, etc.
Introduction: A jig separator (jig concentrator, jig machine) is a equipment that drives pulses of water upwards through a thick bed of settled sediment to keep it loose and agitated. This achieves gravitational separation by allowing the denser minerals to sink easily and quickly through the lighter minerals.
A typical jig consists of a water-filled tank known as a jig-cell, with a horizontal jig screen (‘mesh’) near the top, upon which sediment is able to settle as the jig bed. Pulses of water are injected from below, through the jig screen. Each pulse causes the jig bed to be watercharged, loose and agitated, permitting denser minerals to fall to the bottom of the jig bed. The jig screen traps gold nuggets, but the smaller gold falls through the jig screen and to the bottom of the hutch (water tank) to accumulate as a concentrate. The concentrate is bled off continuously through a spigot (‘tap’) in the base of the hutch, as shown below:
working principle of jig separator
The selected ore is continuously fed to the sieve plate of the jig chamber to form a thick material layer. The rising water flow is periodically blown through the sieve plate, causing the bed to rise and loosen, and then the water flow descends (or stops rising).
During this process, heavy minerals enter the lower layer and light minerals transfer to the upper layer. It is difficult for materials with low density to enter the lower space through the material layer with high density. Heavy minerals enter the concentrate tank through the screen, and light minerals enter the tailings tank for discharge. The concentrate and tailings are obtained after being discharged separately.
Features of jig separator
A feature of jig concentrator is that the composition of the jig bed can be carefully designed by placing a layer of coarse dense particles known as ‘ragging’ on the jig screen. These may include steel balls or a suitable heavy mineral such as hematite Fe2O3. By this means, only very dense grains will penetrate through the ragging and fall through the jig-screen. Grains of lower density (e.g. quartz SiO2) remain above the ragging.
- It can also be connected with gold trommel screen, rotary scrubber, gold sluice box and other equipment, used in alluvial gold and diamond washing plants. Low water consumption when compared with most centrifugal concentrators.
- A high degree of recoveries – recover 0.5% to 30% concentrate, increasing recovery rate.
- Wide feed and particle size recovery – feed size up to 30mm, which reduces the step of prescreening the feed. Improve the potential for gravity recovery and avoid excessive grinding
- High efficiency – It occupies a small area and is simple and convenient to operate. Energy-saving and environmentally friendly mineral processing equipment newly developed and produced in recent years. It has an excellent effect on the mineral processing of various metal and non-metallic minerals.
models & specifications
Jig Area (M2)
Feeding size (mm)
Hutch Water ( T/H)
Pressure Water (kg/cm2)
Overall dimensions (mm)
Contact Us Now
Please fill out the contact form below to get the quotation price and engineer help.
We will response your request within 24 hours.
- We do not provide jobs, nor do we interested in investment or partnerships.
- We provide equipment and mineral processing solution, we don’t buy and sell mineral ores.
- We value your privacy and keep your information safe.