Capacity: 10-524m³ /h
Application: Classification, concentration, dehydration, desliming, sand removal, washing, superfine classification of various minerals, separating and removing heavy mud in mineral processing plant
Introduction: The hydrocyclone is grading equipment that uses centrifugal force to accelerate the sedimentation of ore particles. It is mostly used for grading operations in the second stage of closed-circuit grinding, and is sometimes used for mud dehydration to obtain very fine overflow products. There are two types of hydrocyclone, pressure type and gravity type, which are usually made of cylindrical structures or metal pipes
①Classification before sludge removal, concentration and fine-grained materials separation;
② Used as classification equipment in the grinding system;
③As a sorting device for centrifugal heavy media.
How does the Hydrocyclone work?
The structure of the hydrocyclone is relatively simple. Its upper end is a cylindrical part, and its lower part is a conical container.
The slurry is fed into the cyclone at a certain speed (generally 5 to 12 meters per second) along the tangential direction, and obtains a rotary motion, thus generating a large centrifugal force (usually tens of times or even hundreds of times greater than gravity) . Under the action of centrifugal force, the coarser particles are thrown toward the wall of the vessel and move downwards with a spiral track, which is discharged from the grit nozzle to become coarse-grained products; the finer particles and most of the water are in the spiral path, discharge from the flow tube.
There are three ways for the hydrocyclone to feed the materials:
① Gravity feed to the ore. It requires a large height difference (generally above 5m), which is difficult to achieve when the terrain conditions are not allowed;
② Voltage stabilizer box. The advantage is that the pressure is stable, but the disadvantage is that there are many pipelines, the slurry flow is large, and the economic effect is poor;
③ The sand pump feeds the mine directly. At present, the third kind of ore feeding method is mostly used. The ore feeding pipeline is few and the economic effect is good, but the ore feeding pressure fluctuates greatly.
- When the processing capacity is large and the separation granularity is coarse, a larger diameter hydrocyclone is selected.
- When the processing capacity is large and the separation granularity is fine, the small diameter hydrocyclone is selected and combined into a hydrocyclone group.
- In order to obtain a coarse overflow particle size, a lower feed pressure or a higher feed concentration can be used;
- if a finer overflow particle size is required, a higher feed pressure or a lower feed concentration is required.
Note: Hydrocyclone feeder should use sieves to remove debris, wood chips and other debris to prevent clogging. For small diameter cyclones, slag removal is particularly important. The size of the screen for slag removal is about 1/5 to 1/6 of the diameter of the grit opening.
models & specifications
Diameter of Overflow
Contact Us Now
Please fill out the contact form below to get the quotation price and engineer help.
We will response your request within 24 hours.
- We do not provide jobs, nor do we interested in investment or partnerships.
- We provide equipment and mineral processing solution, we don’t buy and sell mineral ores.
- We value your privacy and keep your information safe.